Strengths Finder  

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Finished reading the book and taking the online assessment: Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath. This was an interesting book and a lot of fun. Here are my findings, a list of my strengths according to the online assessment.


  1. Belief: I have certain core values that are enduring. I am family oriented, altruistic, spiritual, and value responsibility and high ethics in myself and others. I believe that success is more than money and prestige! Consistency is the foundation of all of my relationships. My friends call me dependable. My work must be meaningful, and matter to me, it must give me a chance to live out my values. I am most passionate about people and things closet to my heart. You do not have to share my beliefs but you must understand and respect them or conflict will erupt.

  2. Individualization: I an intrigued by the unique qualities of each person. I am impatient with stereotypes or generalizations. I instinctively observe each person's style, motivation, how each thinks, and builds relationships. I draw out the best in others, build productive teams, allowing others to work at what they do best. I can show you the world through another persons eyes by using my discernment. When you are having difficulty understanding where someone is coming from consult with me, my intuitions will be sound.

  3. Communication: I Like to explain, describe, speak in public, and write. I feel the need to bring ideas and events to life. I find it easy to carry on a conversation and do well in roles where I have to capture some ones attention. I should think about a career in teaching or ministry (HA) I need to search for new ways to state my purpose or frame my ideas. I should expand my vocabulary. (and get rid of my redneck accent) opps negative comment!

  4. Woo: Stands for Winning others over. I enjoy the challenge of meeting other people and getting them to like me. Strangers are rarely intimidating to me, they energize me! I am drawn to them, I want to learn their names and get to know them, and ask questions. I am rarely at a loss for words and derive satisfaction from breaking the ice and getting to know people. I cam put others at ease and help them to feel comfortable, I can help you network to broaden your connections.
  5. Futuristic:"Wouldn't it be great if..." I am the kind of person who likes to view over the horizon. The future fascinates me, it is inspirational to me. I am a dreamer who sees visions of what could be and it fascinates me. When my present seems too frustrating I conjure up visions of the future and they energize me and others too. I can paint a picture of the future for others as well. Push me to make the future seem as vivid as possible. People often latch on to the Hope I bring.

Okay....That's my list. What do you think? Does this list describe me?

What are your strengths. Buy the book...Take the test...and build on your strengths! Focus on what God designed you to be!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


1 comments: to “ Strengths Finder

  • Lily
    July 8, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

    Ummm...yah it describes you to the core! You are awesome and I love you for who you are...all your uniqueness and willingness to serve others, wise counsil, encouraging spirit, but most of all, your passion for God and desire to be ever closer to Him while bringing others with you. You are an inspiration! I need that book!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster