Bad Hair Day  

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Okay! I really need to know how often you purchase a hairdryer?

I just spoke with a friend who said she has had the same hairdryer for 6 Years. What am I doing wrong? Is there some unspoken rules for hairdryer opperation that my mother failed to explain to me? Do they come with operation pamphlets that I have failed to read?

Today I blew up my 5th one in 3 years! On average in my adult life I would guess that I have purchased about 17 hairdryers!

Now........you have seen my hair....nothing extraordinary to speak of....just normal wet head that needs to be dry.

My hair is thick....soo on average it takes about 8 minutes to completely dry my hair on high heat. So my hair dryer is used only about 40 minutes a week(assuming 2 days a week I am too lazy to wash my hair) So about 3 hours of hair drying a month. Which means I am receiving approximately 18 hours of dryer performance before sparks begin to fly!

I know what you are thinking... Of course I clean the hair out of the little thingy on the back of the dryer! I learned this after the first 2.
So what is the problem?

I am the only user of my dryer, for the most part. If it has been more than 6 weeks since Mark has had a haircut, he may decide to use it. For about 30 seconds...I have observed that it only takes a second to dry hair that is only an inch long......

Somewhere there is a landfill....full of my hairdryers...
I need a hairdryer repair shop ....Do they recycle hairdryers....

So tomorrow I must go and purchase a new one....
(I have never seen one at the goodwill)
Any suggestions?? I am as lucky with hairdryers as I am cars.

I had to put the dryer in a bag and set it outside....I can't get the smell to fade and now I will lay awake all night waiting for the smoke alarm to go off because of the sparks that must have gone into the wiring of my house from the flames that shot out of my dryer.

If you ever see a copy of Hairdryers for Dummies pick it up for me!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


6 comments: to “ Bad Hair Day

  • Renee
    July 11, 2008 at 1:10 AM  

    1:10 am....House is not on fire....so far so good...

  • Lily
    July 11, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

    You are too funny! Maybe you should buy a cheap one, those seem to last longer. I have had mine for about 8 years. K-mart brand.

  • Anonymous
    July 11, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

    well i have short hair....so mine seems to last about 5-6 years. not sure what you are doing wrong. but just keep plugging away, sister

  • Lily
    July 11, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY RENEE!!!!

  • kristen
    July 13, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

    I am right there with you!! I blow up hair dryers all the time and I do buy the cheap ones!!! And I blow dry my hair maybe three times a week for about 5 minutes!!! I would love to hear if you find out what we are doing wrong. My current dryer I have had for a couple of years now but it has a very irritating feature. If it feels it is over heated it will not turn back on until it feels it has cooled down enough. So once you start blowing your hair you better just get it done in one swoop because if you turn it off it is going to be off for at least 10 minutes!!

  • Mandy Devine
    July 15, 2008 at 12:53 AM  

    Girls, I can blow 'em up with the best of you! at least one a year. Thought it was because I have so much hair and it takes so long to dry, but now my theory is blown. Don't know...I just budget it in : )

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster