Siren Reminders to love one another  

Tuesday, July 15, 2008


Romans 12:10 NIV
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
Today I was reminded Just how much we should be devoted to one another.How we should reach out to each other during difficult times. On my way home this afternoon I witnessed the funeral procession for a
Local State Tropper. Traffic had come to a complete standstill. As I watched police cars, with silent flashing lights, my heart was proud. So many officers from many surrounding counties and several from other states had come to pay their respects. To honor their fellow law enforcement officer.
I always get this warm patriotic feeling of brotherly love when I witness something like this. One family going through a rough time and hundreds of people show up to pay their respects and offer support to the family members.
I noticed several men who had gotten out of their stopped vehicles to stand in honor and watch as the procession drove on. The lady in the SUV in front of me was not so happy. She was in a hurry and completely annoyed at the delay. She actually got out of her car and yelled to some of the men "Who was he anyway the president or something."
As I was silently praying I was reminded of how we are to love one another.
1Peter 4:8 NIV
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.
I felt prompted to stand bolder in our response to one another. When one of us is going through something, anything, difficult, we should respond in the same manner I witnessed today. With sirens flashing to show our support. We should arrive in droves to offer comfort and help. Not to stand and scoff or judge, but to encourage and love.
I am so thankful for the friends in my life who respond in this way. God has blessed my family abundantly with people who cheer when we cheer, and cry when we cry. God often works through each of you to show his great love for me!
1Th 5:11 NIV
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


1 comments: to “ Siren Reminders to love one another

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster