Who Touched me?  

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Some of my favorite memories growing up with my brother and sister happened in the car. We went on many vacations together and each year traveled to Ridgecrest for family retreats. My parents just loved to drive! Sometimes with no destination in mind. It was the ride itself, the fact that we were all crammed together in a small place at the same time.



The best conversations took place during long drives. I learned so much about History and Science just by asking my dad. He could give so much information on any subject. As siblings, we made up our own family games, sang songs, and annoyed my parents with the whole "stop touching me....Who touched me" situations that brothers and sisters engage in when crammed into the back seat of a car during a time when no one in the back seat wore seat belts.



Jesus asked this Question once." Who touched me?". You can find the account in Mark 5:22-34
Jesus called this women daughter! She pushed through the crowd to touch the hem of his garment and instantly was healed from years and years of suffering. Medical, physical, social, emotional, religious, financial suffering. As soon as this women touches Jesus the power leaves him and through her faith she is made whole. Wow!!
The ladies in our small group had great discussions based on this scripture!
Have you ever been in a situation in which you felt the power of God move through you? Many of my friends had great stories to share.

One mother in particular shared an experience I could identify with. She had experienced a difficult day with her child that had caused turmoil within her heart in regards to the way she had handled the situation. She knew the child's spirit had been hurt. Prompted by the Holy Spirit she laid down beside her resting child (who had cried herself to sleep) and placing her hand on her back began to pray. Not a prayer for the child but a prayer of repentance, for her own sin as a mother in this situation. Wow! The power of God at work between mother and child through an act of repentance. I cried!
Are you searching for Hope? It can be found in Jesus. Reach out to Him in faith. Reach out through repentance and experience the healing and restoration that will take place.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


0 comments: to “ Who Touched me?

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster