Apple Festival  

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Yummy! The girls and I headed out to the Lincoln Co Apple Festival over the weekend. Mark was working a half day on Saturday so he missed all the fun. Lots of crafts and booths. Although we love apples (especially the Carmel ones) we went for the Library book sale.
Hardcover 1.00
Paperback .50
Magazines .10

I was looking for magazines. I love them. National Geographic Kids, National Geographic Explorer, Zoobooks, Ranger Rick, Odyssey
Any way NO SUCH LUCK
Not a single magazine to be found. However we did snag some books on the 50 states, American History, homeschool, a bunch of chapter books for my animal loving Kyndall, and our best find...over 150.00 dollars worth of piano music for 1.50. Love songs, Classic Rock, Country, Broadway Hits, Ballads, Oldies, Gospel, and more. Highlight of my day!
We spent 5.00
We ate carmel apples of course, walked a couple of miles, and worshiped with some young teen praise bands. Laughed at all the parents in line with their kids paying 2.00 per ticket to ride on a 3 minute kiddie ride. Nice day with the girls.
Opps I almost forgot. Came home with all the loot. You know... pens, pencils,plastic cups, sports bottles, jar openers, bookmarks, calenders, note pads, and frisbees.
Okay we have many frisbees from events just like these. However Sarah and Kyndall think they make perfect catfood dishes when turned upside down.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


4 comments: to “ Apple Festival

  • Lynnea
    September 22, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

    It sounds like you all have a lot of fun! Yum, apples.

  • Mandy Devine
    September 22, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

    We too were at the festival...one of those families you laughed at (in line for the merry go round). Ella rode the merry go round, rode a horse, and milked a cow - great BIG day for her : ) I however, missed out on the funnel cake I went for - great sadness : ( I did get a bag of winesaps (apples, in case you're thinking otherwise) - great for pies and more...sooooo, yummy things to come!

  • Lily
    September 23, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

    Awww man, I wish I could've gone, but I had 2 prior engagements...I'm just so popular.

  • Tiffanie Lloyd
    September 24, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

    We are so into apples right now. We consumed a whole bag in one week. The pic of all the colorful yummy looking apples is giving me a craving!

    Sounds like the the festival was a lot of fun! We are headed to the apple orchard for a field trip next Tuesday.

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster