I'm Lovin it!  

Monday, August 11, 2008


Posted by Picasa

Praise and Worship at Micky D's. Today Sarah and her friend Nicole came home from camp Lurecrest! She was so excited to share her experiences. This is her fifth year of camp. The girls were talking non stop. We decided to drop by McDonald's for some ice cream, and to sit and chat about camp. Sarah, being much like her mom in the area of communication, left out no details. They gave me a moment by moment replay of events from their moment of arrival until they boarded the buses to return. Extreme faith was the theme this year. The worship and Drama was awesome. Sarah amazes me by her sensitivity to the Holy Spirit. I am encouraged and challenged by the thoughts that run through her 11 year old head.




The girls decided that the best way to describe their interpretive dance routine was to perform it right in the middle of Mickey D's. Without hesitation they both stood in the middle of the room and began to sing and dance to "Peace Be still" I cried. The entire restaurant was watching at this point. It was 1pm and the place was full. With unashamed hearts full of emotion Sarah and Nicole danced and sang to a room full of people eating lunch. I don't think they realized they had an audience. Some of the kids playing on the playground stood at the door to see what was going on. I couldn't tell you every one's impression but I know my heart was full of joy at the level of joy and love that I saw on their faces as they danced. Did I ever tell you what a wonderful set of girls the Lord has blessed me with. I am honored to be their mother.

When we came home they danced again for our neighbor. I caught a little

on video in our driveway





Later on this afternoon Sarah was sharing with her little sister about the Worship the evening before they came home.

I listened as she told her sister about How if you practice extreme Faith you can change the world. She said the world was looking for treasure. Something to fill their hearts with. She told her sister that on a hidden treasure map X always marks the spot where you find the treasure. She said living for God out loud was like being an open map for anyone who was looking for him. That we can change the world by showing them that the treasure is Jesus and he lives inside of us. So my girls took a marker and wrote a giantX on their hands. "Mom" Kyndall said " We are going to change the world together."

I know they will!
I'm Lovin' It!!



P. S. Sarah posted on her blog about camp. You can read it here. Kyndall posted on her weekend with my family. You can read it here.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


6 comments: to “ I'm Lovin it!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster