Cafe Chat- Friendships  

Sunday, August 3, 2008



What is one thing that you absolutely love about friendships? Why? On the other side, what is one thing that you find absolutely difficult when it comes to friendships? Why?

Ashleigh Andrea Alycia BettyJo Becky Debbie Jenn Kristen Karen Lynnea Linda Jo Mandy Missy Pat Susana




I am so blessed by the beautiful sister's in Christ that grace my life with genuine true friendship!

This is only the beginning of the list of people that God has used to encourage me along my journey. God's list of friends for me keeps growing!

Best Friend Old Friend New Friend Casual Friend good friend buddy pal companion sister bff PEEPS

We use many different words to describe the people we Cherish.


The thing that amazes me most about friendship really has nothing to do with the individual people themselves. It is about how God shines through them!

I am completely Amazed at how God designs and chooses the close friendships that HE has placed in my life! Each of these people are so uniquely crafted by God. Each one of them are excitedly different! A big giant diverse group of spiritual gifts talents abilities personalities quirks taste habits thoughts gifts skills dispositions Hangupsstrengths weaknesses

Each one of these people brings an abundance of Joy into my life! God uses these people in amazing ways to show his love for me! He speaks through them directly into my heart! God reveals himself to me, in part, through traveling together with them along their journey. I watch listen and learn from these ladies and it makes my life more beautiful!







Accountability is the one area of friendship that I sometimes find difficult. Hard to give it...Hard to Receive it.


I need accountability! Why are we sometimes so afraid of it? Why do we shy away from it? I want my friends to hold me accountable but when push comes to shove...I don't.
I guess it all boils down to
Permission
Who are the women in your life that Have permission to speak into your situation? Who has given you permission to speak into the circumstances of their lives? This is real friendship!
All of these women are my dearest friends because at one time or another they have challenged me in my relationship with Christ. They know the ins and outs of my day to day life! They know my downfalls, and the sins that easily trip me up! But they love me anyway!

Lord soften my heart that I would be willing to invite accountability from the people who love me the most! Help me to ask for it! Help me to be willing to step out on a limb and give it!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


7 comments: to “ Cafe Chat- Friendships

  • Mandy Devine
    August 4, 2008 at 2:50 AM  

    I'm the one that's been blessed! I love you girl : )

  • Lynnea
    August 4, 2008 at 8:09 AM  

    Like I said on Saturday-I do not want to be hasty in opening my mouth to comment. But I will be praying for you in regards to accountability which is so important, for all of us. Thank you alllll for the friends reading this for your friendship and encouragment.

  • Lily
    August 4, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

    Thanks for your friendship, and for being the one who will "show up" out of no where whenever there's a need.

    I especially liked what you said here,

    "The thing that amazes me most about friendship really has nothing to do with the individual people themselves. It is about how God shines through them!"

  • Tiffanie Lloyd
    August 4, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

    I too like what you said "The thing that amazes me most about friendship really has nothing to do with the individual people themselves. It is about how God shines through them!"

    Enjoyed reading this post!
    Happy Monday!

  • Chel's Leaving a Legacy
    August 5, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

    Very COLORFUL post!

    Accountability is hard...especially on the receiving end. Great point!

  • Anonymous
    August 5, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

    You are an amazing person. I am just loving your blog. I know I am not the first to open up about things but thanks for still being my friend. Glad to be your sister in Christ.

  • Anonymous
    August 5, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

    Great post. Blessings to your little ones as they begin blogging life!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster