Cafe Chat- One Passion  

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Posted by Picasa

What is one thing or cause that you are passionate about? (More specifically, something you feel that the Lord has burdened your heart with)



Have you ever visited an aquarium? I am fascinated by the ocean fish and love admiring them with my children, pointing out their uniqueness, and observing them as they move about in their pre-made environment. As I watch I can't help but feel that something is wrong. They don't belong here....It is not their home. These fish were not made for this giant glass box....They were made for a vast ocean! Maybe the fish don't know any better but I wonder if their instincts tell them that they were made for somewhere magnificent , that their true home is somewhere else, beyond these glass walls.


If you know me well, you might think my passion is children. I Love Kids!



Not just mine, but yours! Laughing, smelly, cute, dirty, sad, excited, hungry, hurting, discovering, wondering, questioning, Kids!! The ones that pee on you, love on you, play with you, hurl on you, jump on you, sleep on you, and throw fits on you! It's what I do...It's who I am.

If you know me well, you might think my passion is relationships.


I care about people! Brown, white, beautiful, ugly, tall, short, fat, old, young, rich, mean, kind, homeless, hurting, happy, poor, smart, People!


The ones that hurt you, bless you, call you, comfort you, help you, annoy you, encourage you, use you up, love you, curse you, pray with you, and strengthen you. It's what I do...It's who I am.

It goes deeper than that...My True Passion. It is the root of all I do and think.

What is My True passion? The Desire that drives my actions and thoughts?



Have you ever been on a trip like this: You are having fun, doing new things, enjoying life when suddenly everything becomes miserable. The car breaks down, someone steals your wallet, everyone gets sick, and it seems nothing is going right. What did you want more than anything?



To Go Home!

As you are driving back, you can't wait to get home! You can almost feel your comfy bed, taste the home cooked food, and envision yourself sitting around with friends and family laughing together , telling funny stories about all the things you saw, and what went wrong along the way! The craving for Home is sweet. You throw on your comfortable clothes right away, kick off your shoes! It's were you are you. Your friends come to visit, you love your favorite chair.

No matter how much we enjoy our trip, our adventures, we anticipate, look forward to coming home!


The strongest Passion that drives me...That God has placed deep within my soul is Eternal Life...Heavenly Treasures....Eternal significance!



I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death; I must never let it get snowed under or turned aside; I must make it the main object of life to press on to that other country and to help others to do the same. C.S. Lewis

I have never been to Heaven...Yet I miss it! It is what I was made for!

My passion lies in the things that will last forever...The smile and wonder on a child's face when they hear how amazing God is...How powerful...And that this God wants to have a personal relationship with them. The understanding of a friend who has just discovered a truth in God's word that they can apply to their life! Attitudes...Motives... Heart Issues...Good works.....A smile....Kind words....Encouragement...Tears shared...hearts restored....lives changed....Truth realized...Grace accepted....compassion shared...mercy given.....This is what drives me!


Everything in this world will completely pass away....I could care less about cars, clothes, furniture, houses, toys..etc... Don't get me wrong, I enjoy these things and when my engine light is on in my car I care...But only because it might keep me from church or you or your kids.

As a little girl growing up in church I would listen to sermons about Heaven. Honestly I was afraid. I just had this image of me and my family floating around on a cloud, dressed in white , and singing....forever and ever....andever....andever...with an endless harp playing in the background. I was afraid because I didn't even like some of the songs we sang at church. I was afraid of what would happen if I got tired or bored . Would I be struck by lightening?

I have come to learn the awesomeness of my Lord! The beauty of His creation, and the miracle of life that He gives. Imagine a Heaven, a New earth Restored to it's original design! Hand crafted by our saviour! The way it was intended to be before the fall of mankind. Before sin entered our hearts.



I am passionate about things eternal. All That will last...I am passionate about a home I have not seen...A place I have not visited...


Revelation 21
The New Jerusalem


1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.
5 He who was seated on the throne said, I am making everything new! Then he said, Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.
6 He said to me: It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.
7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son

This is what Drives me...What I long for..My Passion...

Life eternal with Christ Jesus!

I would love to recommend this book for you!

This book is amazing! Apart from God's word this book has had an incredible impact on my heart.

God Bless you!
John 14
1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


12 comments: to “ Cafe Chat- One Passion

  • José A. Noy
    August 9, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

    Great post! But one thing... I do have fishes that belong to the ocean... but I like them in my bowl of glass.... and I think they are happy!

  • Mandy Devine
    August 9, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

    Look at Jose' using more than one word to comment ; ) Lovin' it! Any one that knows you Renee, knows this to be true! The way you have poured it into your children and ours is incredible. Thanks for being the catalyst for a love and longing for God in my child, I am proud to have you as a partner in the spiritual growth of my girl!

  • Anonymous
    August 9, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

    Even in writing, I can sense your passion! So true. . . heaven should be the one true passion behind every Christian...the motivation for everything we do.

  • Anonymous
    August 9, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

    Thinking of that old song "When we all get to heaven, what a wonderful day that will be"

    Thanks for your beautiful words.

  • Tiffanie Lloyd
    August 9, 2008 at 2:34 PM  

    I was reminded of a song too... one my kids love, don't know what it's called but it goes a little somthin like this... "It's a big big house, with lots and lots of rooms, a big big table, with lots and lots of food"...

    Indeed, this should be a driving passion for us all. My Kids are all ready developing a passion for being home... I pray that their lives might be lived out from such, like your Renee.

    Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful and inspiring post. And I think I'm going to have to check out that book.

    Have a great weekend!

  • Sheila
    August 9, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

    "I am passionate about things eternal. All That will last...I am passionate about a home I have not seen...A place I have not visited..."

    Renee, that was amazing a beautiful!!!

    It is that passion for dwell in the presence of Christ in a home I have not seen which drives me forward and gives me a heart of compassion and passion for the "causes" I wrote about too, but YOU put it sooooo much better!!!

    I'll have to look for that book.

    My kids often hear me talk with them about heaven. And sing about it too, "This world is not my home I'm just a passin' through..."

    Blessings to you!
    Sheila

  • Peggy
    August 9, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

    WOW Renee...are you an author???

    This is aMazing!!! I felt like I was reading a much loved book...and knew it was because this is the PASSION
    that each of us has within...this is the KEY...this is the point around which all else rotates...I LOVE how you led us into this with the aquarium and fish(which I LOVE) and
    how you walked us through great passions you also share...kids, relationships,but coming home...

    We share another passion: the writings of Hannah Hurrad...how I wish I had either with me many times...I have not had the chance to read Randy Alcorn's Heaven either but if he writes anything like you just did...whew!!! Bless you...Love John 14 & 15!!!
    And of course REVELATIONS!!! Look how wonderfully HE flows through you!

    Thank you for sharing your talent!
    I'm honored! Be blessed as you have blessed us!

  • Edie
    August 9, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

    Everyone has already expressed my own thoughts. You have an incredible gift for writing! I'm so with you in heart too. How I want to look into the face of my King. One of my favorite songs is "I can't wait to go Home" by Kent Botenfield.

    Awesome writing dear sister.

  • Denise
    August 9, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

    Thank you for such a lovely post.

  • Renee
    August 9, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

    Ladies,
    I can not tell you how much your kind words encourage me!
    As a young girl I was always overly dramatic and emotional! As an adult I am an open book. You can "read" me in a heartbeat because I laugh a little too loud and talk too much! My Mom however, saw something beautiful in my expressiveness and she encouraged me from the start to write! I am not an author...unless you count many many journals in which I took my mothers advice and poured out my hearts thoughts, and prayers. I have numerous journals filled with prayers for my girls,thoughts on scripture, desires of my heart and thoughts that may one day help to direct the paths of my girls as young women.
    I read constantly! The analogy of the fish tank that started this post is not my original thought. I am sure I read it in Randy Alcorns book on heaven and then just put it into my words! I want to give credit where credit is due.
    Growing up in churches accross the south I heard a lot of messages about Hell and what to avoid. This book is based on the many passages in the Bible that speak of eternal life, and what we know to be true about the nature and caracter of Christ. It is too wonderful to describe and attempts to answer many of the questions we ask about eternity!
    It is amazing how differently we live our life when it is based on a view of eternity.
    It has been 2 years since my younger sister (30) has been absent from the body and present with our Lord. I had so many questions??? My Parents pastor suggested reading this book for my entire family and it has changed our views about life and what is important..Dramatically. We still read parts of it and my parents use it each night for thier devtional.

    Anyway....Just wanted to say thankyou for the encouragement. You have truly blessed my heart.

  • Lily
    August 10, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

    WHen I first read your post there were no comments. I wanted to let what you said sink in. Now I come back to 10 comments! All say something I would.

    YOu are an amazing person. You are passionate about everyhing! YOu are interested and care about what is going on in other's lives. Like I said in an earlier comment, you have empty hands. YOu don't hold onto things when someone else is in need.

    I can't tell you how much you have blessed my life! Just your comment alone was super encouraging! I couldn't help, but sob!

    No matter how bad of a day someone is having, just spending a few moments with you would bring a smile to their face.

  • Laurie Ann
    August 10, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

    Oh, Amen!!!!! To say more for me would take away how in awe and agreement I am with your passion.

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster