Cats Eyes  

Monday, May 18, 2009

Posted by Picasa
Just had this precious conversation with Kyndall.
Kyndall: "Mom I have something that I need to tell you. (Deep Breath and terror stricken eyes) I just know I have to tell you..... but I don't know how. Well I do know how, but I know you will be disappointed in me...."
Me: "Well Kyndall what makes you want to tell me now?"
Kyndall: "Well, I just think about it a lot and it makes me feel bad on the inside like deep down in my heart for a long time." " I did something really bad and I think you might be shocked"
Me: "How long ago did it happen?"
Kyndall: " I think about a year ago or something." "But sometimes I think about it and I feel like I really need to tell you about it"
Me: " Kyndall is there a voice inside that whispers and tells you to come to me and let me know what you did?"
Kyndall: "Yes...but I try not to listen until now."
Me: " Kyndall I am sure that is the Holy Spirit speaking to you. Not to make you feel bad or guilty but just to encourage you to do the right thing."
Kyndall: "Mom see this cat mask, I really like it. I liked it so much that about a year ago I took it from Odessa's house with out asking. I remember you asked me where I got it and I told you grandma gave it to me and that was a big lie. (Deep Breath and teared eyes)
Me: " And now every time you see it and want to play with it you are reminded of what you did and how wrong it was?"
Kyndall: "Yah and I hear that voice again and Mom I am so sorry because I know that was a terrible thing to do."
Me: " Kyndall your right...you made a bad choice....But I have to say I am so proud of you for listening to the voice of Jesus and coming to me with the truth. You need to know that I will always love you no matter what you do. Even when you make a bad choice." I know it's been a long time but we need to put this up in a safe place and make plans to give it back to Odessa and tell her what happened."
Kyndall: " I know. (Huge relief sigh) I love you MOM." I feel so much better.
Me: "Kyndall let's pray and ask for forgiveness and thank God for always helping us do the right thing. (Prayer)
Kyndall: "Thanks Mom" (Big Tight Hugs)
Me: " Kyndall always remember when you hear a soft voice telling you to do the right thing...you should listen right away the first time. The longer you ignore it, the harder it is to hear Him when He talks to you."
BIG HUGS

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


2 comments: to “ Cats Eyes

  • karen
    May 20, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

    beautiful lesson and a beautiful reminder of God's love for us.

  • Lynnea
    May 20, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

    Can you imagine if your girls were in school, you might not have such wonderful God given moments like that. Thank you for sharing, I think that speaks to ALL of us. Love you Kyndall!!!!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster